







Jared and I drove to Utah October 2nd and 3rd. Friday night we went to a missionary reunion in Centerville, UT. It has been 10 years since he started his mission. It was not the best turn out but he know a few of the people. It was really neat for me to get the opportunity to meet his mission president and some of the people who he served with and around. One of his companions, Jeff Cummings, was there, I had meet him before. Jared and Jeff still are in contact, so it was fun to see him again. It was neat to hear what an impact Jared had made on two of the missionary's that he had served with. After the reunion Jared and I went to Salt Lake and took a horse and carriage ride around the city. Then we walked through Temple Square. On Saturday we went to the Saturday morning Conference session. It was my first time watching it in person and it was amazing. I must have had a huge sign on my forehead that said this is my first time here because the first thing that a lady at the door said was, "It's your first time here, isn't it!" I just laughed and said, "is it that obvious?" It was really amazing watching as the conference center filled with people and how quiet it got when the First Presidency walked in. President Monson did not come out until right before he spoke. You could just feel the whole room wondering where he was. Then when he stepped up to the pulpit and said "HELLO", everyone just laughed. There were so many wonderful talks! Just the spirit there was so wonderful! Then we went over to Keta and Jeff's house, they had made some tacos for lunch. We did not stay long cause their family was getting over the flu. Then we drove to Saint George, and stopped for dinner at Outback and to watch the Alabama football game. I did a little shopping while Jared watched the game. We stayed the night at the State Line, which we don't recommend to anyone. It was really dirty! The next morning we drove home. It was a really quick trip but worth it. Grandma and Tonia came and watched the kids so we could go. So they had a fun weekend too!
3 comments:
That's really cool that you guys were able to get away and go to the reunion and conference! You both look great!!
That is so neat! I bet the carriage ride was cool too-how romantic!
Glad we got to come babysit and play so you guys could go have fun.
Post a Comment